OK
The Universal Selection Source:
Coatings Ingredients
Product News

Merck Unveils Meoxal® Taklamakan Gold, the Effect Pigment for Automotive Coatings

Published on 2013-09-30. Author : SpecialChem

MUMBAI, India -- Meoxal® Taklamakan Gold follows Meoxal® Wahiba Orange as the second effect pigment in the new Meoxal® range to be launched in India. Developed for automotive coatings, Meoxal® Taklamakan Gold combines unique effects with superb performance; thereby also fulfilling the requirements of plastic coatings and other demanding applications.

Named after the Chinese Taklamakan Desert, the world's second-largest desert, this pigment with its rich, brilliant gold tone and glittery finish, reflects the myriad colour plays of shifting sand dunes of this unique region.

As a pioneer in the effect pigments, Merck has always been at the forefront of advanced technology and the latest in global trends. Taking its commitment forward, Merck created Meoxal® giving customers an opportunity to witness and experience the latest innovations in the world of design.

Like all pigments in the new product series, Meoxal® Taklamakan Gold has a specially treated surface. Thanks to this special CWT (Carbitol and Weather Treatment) surface treatment; it is highly suitable for innumerable high performance applications. Using the new pigment in waterborne coating systems is particularly straightforward because no additional passivation is needed.

Its properties at a glance

  • Coloristic characteristics
  • Outstanding performance in waterborne coating systems
  • Versatile combination possibilities with other absorption and effect pigments
  • Optimized particle size distribution for coating applications
  • Good shelf life

Speaking about the new launch, Siddhartha Sengupta, Regional Sales Director Asia (Decoratives) said, "With the tremendous response received for the Meoxal® Wahiba Orange, we continue to support our customers in the development of new and innovative coatings. With the launch Meoxal® Taklamakan in India, we are setting yet another milestone in pigment technology and are confident that it will be well received by the auto and plastic coatings industry."

About Merck

Merck is one of the leading pharmaceutical, chemical and life science companies with total revenues of € 11.2 billion in 2012, a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by approximately 38,000 employees in 66 countries. Its success is characterized by innovations from entrepreneurial employees. Merck's operating activities come under the umbrella of Merck KGaA, in which the Merck family holds an approximately 70% interest and free shareholders own the remaining approximately 30%. In 1917 the U.S. subsidiary Merck & Co. was expropriated and has been an independent company ever since.

Merck in India The Merck Group has been operating in India since a little before the turn of the twentieth century. Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country. Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51.8% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 48.2% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.

Effect pigments from Merck: Merck is one of the world's leading suppliers of effect pigments for the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics, food, and pharmaceutical industries. Effect pigments underscore the emotional impact of colour and are an important design element when creating surfaces with a special appearance or quality. Application possibilities range from cars to packaging and high-tech products up to building facades. In addition to decorative effect pigments, Merck offers pigments that also have functional applications such as heat-reflecting or anti-counterfeiting pigments.

Source: Merck


ENG's TECHSCOUT 2018: Strategic Venturing & Innovation Excellence
Channel Alerts

Receive weekly digests on hot topics

Back to Top