CLEVELAND -- The Lubrizol Corporation
has announced the availability of new additive technology for powder coating applications with the development of post-addition texturing and matting additives:
- PowderAdd™9553 matting agent
- PowderAdd™ 9566 texturing agent
Features of PowderAdd™ 9553 Matting Agent
- PowderAdd™ 9553 is a novel matting agent that provides consistently reproducible and uniform matting.
- It is a easy-to-use additive and is highly efficient and quickly turns glossy powders into matted powders
- It can reduce production costs and inventory requirements for small batch manufacture.
- It works with all standard powder chemistries, allowing for improved manufacturing flexibility
Heiko Dietrich, synthesis scientist for powder coatings at Lubrizol Deutschland GmbH in Ritterhude, Germany mentions: "PowderAdd 9566 and PowderAdd 9553 can save powder coatings producers time and money as they are tailor-made additives for small batch manufacture without extrusion.
Lubrizol Performance Coatings Group will showcase PowderAdd 9553 and PowderAdd 9566 at the European Coatings Show, being held in Nuremberg, Germany April 4-6, 2017 and also at PCI's Powder Coating Technical Conference being held in Indianapolis, IN March 27- March 31, 2017.
About Lubrizol Performance Coatings
Lubrizol is a market-driven innovator of specialty chemicals that solves challenges in the paints and coatings, printing and packaging, paper and textiles, plastics and composites, and digital print markets. More than just a supplier, it is a partner with extensive experience in surface protection, dispersion, adhesion, and barrier properties that enables it to enhance the performance, simplicity, and sustainability benefits of its customers' products.
About The Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact.