WACKER has announced that it will be presenting an innovative binder for the impregnation of cement-bound substrates at the 2017 European Coatings Show.
Features and Benefits of SILRES® BS 6920
| WACKER is presenting an innovative binder
for the impregnation
substrates at the European Coatings Show.
- It is a low-viscosity binder based on the Group’s alpha-silane technology
- Can be processed into ready-to-use impregnating agents and thin coatings for concrete and flowing-screed floors
- Provides flooring with excellent stain protection and has a color-intensifying effect
- The dirt-repelling action of formulations based on SILRES® BS 6920 makes them far superior to conventional impregnating agents
- Easy to process, solvent-free binder
The European Coatings Show will be held April 4 to 6 in Nuremberg, Germany.
SILRES® BS 6920 is an alpha-silane-terminated polyether that cures on contact with moisture. Its chemical structure has been optimized to achieve low viscosity. As a result, the binder penetrates deep into the pores of a cement-bound floor, filling the pores completely and forming a thin, shiny film on the surface. After the binder has cured, everyday substances containing water or oil are unable to enter the pores. The new binder therefore offers highly effective stain protection. Even substances that are left on the surface for some time can be removed without any lasting stains.
- Impregnating agents based on SILRES® BS 6920 are usually applied twice
- The first coat applied strengthens the floor
- Second coat produces a homogeneous surface that increases scratch and scrub resistance and makes the floor polishable
- To accelerate curing, SILRES® BS 6920 is usually formulated with an aminofunctional silane that also ensures good adhesion to cement-bound substrates
- It is possible to walk on or drive over the floors about twenty-four hours after treatment
SILRES® BS 6920 offers formulators considerable flexibility. Its low viscosity makes solvent-free processing possible
, although a solvent may be added if required. Formulators can use pigments, reinforcing fillers and matting agents to broadly vary the properties of their end products. These ready-to-use, one-part end products can be applied using a mop, roller or airless spray gun. Transparent formulations intensify the color of the substrate and accentuate the grain of the stone. The binder has a high flash point, so no special precautions need be taken.
Impregnating agents based on SILRES® BS 6920 are suitable for treating cement-bound floors in industrial, commercial and private residential buildings. Such flooring can be installed in parking garages, car repair shops, train stations and logistics centers, as well as in showrooms, restaurants, event and convention centers, and museums. The treated floor is easy care and simple to keep clean. Red wine, coca cola, coffee, mustard, ketchup and engine oil stains or tire marks can be wiped off easily.
Visit WACKER at the European Coatings Show 2017 in Hall 1,Booth 1-510.
WACKER is one of the globally active chemical groups headquartered in Munich, Germany. With a wide range of state-of-the-art specialty products, WACKER is one of the leaders in numerous fields and industries. Its products are required in countless high-growth end-user sectors, such as photovoltaics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and household/personal-care products. In 2015, the Group generated sales of some €5.3 billion with a staff of 17,000 employees.