WEXHAM SPRINGS -- Sun Chemical has announced that it will be presenting its comprehensive portfolio of world-class inks and innovative ink chemistry platforms for screen, industrial and inkjet printing and for printed electronics in Hall B5, Stand D20 at FESPA 2017 (8-12 May) in Hamburg, Germany.
Sun Chemical’s Stand Highlights
- Stand highlights will include FasciaCoat, Sun Chemical’s new hardcoat varnish for dashboard fascia and an addition to the SunHytek range of products for high-tech, appliance panel
- Aqueous, formable and VOC-free, FasciaCoat is a hard varnish that dries to a matte finish, minimizing glare, and that has the ability to ‘self-heal’ scratches created during the production process
Highlighting the depth and breadth of its solutions as one of the world’s largest producers of screen inks and a single source for all ink requirements, Sun Chemical will be demonstrating its capabilities and expertise within four zones on the stand: Digital Textiles, Graphics, Industrial and Partnerships & Technology.
Sun Chemical will present its range of four SunTex textile inkjet inks optimized for Epson print-heads. Delivering improved ink consumption when compared to leading competitors, SunTex inks are specifically formulated to enable high-speed and long print runs.
Included in the product range is SunTex Sonata DTE, a transfer dye sublimation ink series for printing polyester sport garments. This ink has been awarded the Oeko-Tex EcoPass, enabling printers to achieve the Oeko-Tex 100 printed garment certification.
Also part of the range is SunTex Sonata DDE, a dye sublimation ink developed to meet the key requirements of direct print to polyester fabrics, delivering excellent ‘show-through’ properties for double-sided output such as flags and banners. SunTex Sonata DDE also offers excellent wash and bleed fastness, a critical feature for outdoor printed fabric applications.
Sun Chemical will also be presenting its innovative SunTex Encore PDE pigment ink. Encore PDE is the result of many years of R&D and is formulated to deliver improved color vibrancy, while maintaining excellent wash and wet-rub resistance.
Completing the range is SunTex Concerto RDE, a reactive dye ink series that delivers excellent color vibrancy when printing directly to fabrics, such as silk and cotton, while maintaining the soft ‘feel’ or ‘hand’, a key requirement for clothing garments.
|Inks for Screen Printing
- Experts from Sun Chemical will be on hand to discuss the SunPromo range of inks for the wide range of screen graphic applications
- Sun Chemical will also highlight its Streamline range of solvent-based, alternative inkjet inks, designed for wide and super wide format printers
- For the wide format market, Sun Chemical will be presenting Streamline ESL 3, a fully color-matched and compatible ink series to the latest Roland Eco Sol Max 3 ink series
- Streamline ESL 3 is the latest product formulated from Sun Chemical’s highly successful HPQ-LO (High Print Quality – Low Odor) backbone ink chemistry platform, the first alternative solvent ink platform to achieve the Greenguard & Greenguard Gold certification for indoor emissions
- For the many large format graphic printers who produce billboards that are frequently replaced, Streamline offers the option to use the Streamline Rapide Magenta and Yellow SWF solvent inks
On display in this zone will be a range of Sun Chemical’s industrial products including:
heat and humidity-resistant ink solutions (including FasciaCoat, Sun Chemical’s new hardcoat varnish for dashboard fascia) for high-tech, appliance panel applications, where a combination of high visual impact and long-term durability is required
high peel strength, color consistent screen and offset inks, adhesives and varnishes for laminated plastic cards
screen inks formulated for high-speed screen printing on a variety of container substrates
About Sun Chemical
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is one of the leading producer sof printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials.
Source: Sun Chemical